About Me

I'm just like any other girl... Until you get to know me ;)

Friday, January 8, 2010

Spring Brings the GOOD/BAD Fashion Flings

      It’s the beginning of the New Year and I always notice that early January is Nautical season. Don’t get me wrong! I love the Nautical look, from high waisted trouser pants, horizontal strips… on certain body types ;), and everything in navy blue, crisp white, and red. Somewhat of a tomboy chic but not. Then as the month goes into February the classic is kicked to the curb, and new trends emerge… This year, Shoulder pads… Two words four syllabals, “FUCKIN UGLY!”
    I mean what the fuck?! Do you really expect women to wear this trend again? It looked bad when it splattered everywhere in the 80’s so what makes you think they’re gonna look good twenty years later? Just because you polished a turd doesn’t make it any better… It still looks like shit! But enough of that turd trend! I’m really excited about “School Girl Chic” Yes! We’re bringing cute and feminine back! A lot of lace and a lot of sheer fabrics paired with boyfriend blazers and over the knee socks. Not really into the over the knee socks, but the whole cute and feminine meets tomboy chic is a trend that I myself am really considering getting into!
    Another trend that will soon emerge but highly doubt its popularity is “Future Warrior” think about it like this, if the movies Gladiator and Tron fucked and had a baby that is essentially the trend. Chrome w leather vest and pleating… Ewwwww!!! Maybe it could work? But not if someone goes over the top wearing gladiator sandals, or flip flops with straps around the ankles or as I like to call them “Jesus Sandals.”
    Since it is spring, of course we’re bringing back FLORAL! Ooooh! How original! Yes floral patterns are in style once more, however anything that has pattern will be hot this season as well. Abstract, stripes, geometric shapes and all that good shit that doesn’t really interest me. But instead of wearing the patterns on top, guess where we’re gonna wear them? That’s right the bottom! I don’t really know if I want flowers or a Pollack print on my ass. But then again, that’s just me. Paired with shoulder pads and caged open toe booties mmmmm! Hot! Me being sarcastic of course! Anyway movin on!
    Playful jumpsuits and sportswear… Jumpsuits?! Can be cute I admit, but unless if you have the right body for it but still not practical to wear. As for Sportswear, fine by me. Just as long as it doesn’t involve girls wearing Jordans… God I hated that shit! Like I said before, “firm believer of looking like a chick.”
     
                                                                                                                           Make me Blush!
  
                   For now these are the main staples of trends for Spring 2010.
                  
                     - Nautical Nonsense
                     - New Wave.. Again
                     - School Girl Chic J
                     - Future Warrior… bleh!
                     - Patterns on your ass
                     - One piece/ jumpsuits
                     - Sportswear

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha "Just because you polished a turd doesn’t make it any better… It still looks like shit!"

    Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I think I noticed the safari/nude/structure thing back again, though I'm actually looking forward to nauticals!

    ReplyDelete